Binaural beats are the sounds which are generated due to the difference in frequency detection by the left ear and the right ear. This sound is ideally the same but it is interpreted differently by the right ear as well as the left ear. Also, in order to generate these beats, the frequency of the sound should be less than 1000 Hz.
What are binaural beats?
Binaural beats are much more than just another sound. Certain beats and frequencies can induce certain specific states in our brain.
That is why binaural beat therapy uses these beats to help you relax or sleep in order to focus.
These functions are achieved by generating the beats at specific frequencies.
If you are puzzled with questions like do binaural beats work or what are binaural beats, and what can binaural beats do for me then you will be able to get all of these answers in this post.
How do binaural beats work?
According to a binaural beats study, these beats can actually activate certain specific parts of our brain. [http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2044.2005.04287.x/full]
This results in the activating different stages of brain activity. According to the frequency of the beats, different levels of brain activity can be induced.
There are different types of binaural beats for activating different brainwave states that include:
As long as you are able to use the right kind of beats, you would be able to prepare your mind for the activity which you are trying to accomplish. When it comes to the frequency patterns to induce these activities, they can be divided into 4 types which are:
• Delta pattern: The frequencies of these beats are between 0.1 Hz to 4 Hz. They are associated with relaxed sleep.
• Theta pattern: The frequencies of these beats are between 4 Hz to 8 Hz and are associated with meditation, REM sleep phase, and even creativity.
• Alpha pattern: The beats associated with this pattern are between 8 Hz to 13 Hz. They are used to induce relaxation.
• Beta pattern: The frequencies associated with these beats are in the range of 14 Hz to 100 Hz.
They promote higher focusing power as well as concentration. It is better to, however, use this pattern near the lower end of the frequency range as the higher end of the range can increase anxiety.
The binaural beat therapy uses either a single one of these beat patterns or a combination of these depending on what you’re trying to achieve. In many cases, patients often use this therapy repeatedly in order to get rid of anxiety or in order to relax. It is one of the best therapy options to reduce stress and anxiety in your life.
The benefits of these beats are plenty like:
• Reduction of stress
• Reduced anxiety
• Improving focusing power
• Improving concentration
• Remaining alert for a longer period of time
• Helping you with meditation
• Improving your mood
• Motivating yourself
Thus, if you’re looking to make yourself more efficient and relaxed at the same point in time, these beats are the perfect option for you.
If you just want to try out binaural beats you can listen to YouTube videos. There are quite a few videos on YouTube which can help you experience binaural beats.
You can also try self improvement programs such as holosync.
It would be a good idea to do so after consulting your therapist.
1. Brainwave Entrainment – Serotonin And Endorphin Release Deep Sedative Effect
This has been specially prepared to help aid in the production of serotonin and for endorphin release. You will enter a deep trance like state and will feel drowsy. Expect to experience a sedative like effect.
Delta waves are the unconscious mind. Typically, they occur in deep sleep (or in extremely deep meditation). Increasing delta waves makes you sleep a lot better. Intuition and emotional understanding are also enhanced. They also release important hormones, e.g. the HGH.
- 4 Hz – vivid mental imagery; deep creative insight
- 3.5 Hz – very good against depressions and anxiety
- 3 Hz – increased reaction time; regeneration of muscles etc.
- 2.5 Hz – like a sedative; production of endogenous opiates 2 Hz – nerve regeneration
- 1.5 Hz – associated with sleep and treating sleep disturbances
- 1 Hz – overview of emotional relationships, release of many hormones (1.05 Hz is especially good for HGH release)
- 0.5 Hz – regeneration of nerves; very good for sleeping (I personally recommend 1 Hz though)
2. 7 Hour Theta Brainwave Entrainment
Theta waves are the subconsious mind. They increase creative abilities, learning speed and stimulate personal insight.
- 8 Hz – good for learning new information
- 7.5 Hz – creative thought of art, music, maths, science
- 7 Hz – treatment of sleep disturbances
- 6.5 Hz – center of theta frequency; activates creative frontal lobe
- 6 Hz – long term memory stimulation 5.5 Hz – shows vision of growth needed (“Inner Guidance”)
- 5 Hz – unusual problem solving; reduces amount of sleep needed
- 4.5 Hz – wakeful dreaming, vivid imagery
3. Alpha Brainwave Entrainment
Alpha waves are the “relaxing waves”. They function as a bridge between the subconscious mind (theta) and the conscious mind (beta).
- 12 Hz – mental clarity; doorway to all other frequencies 11.5 Hz – associated with increased intelligence and mental efficiency
- 11 Hz – achieve “relaxed yet alert” state 10.5 Hz – activity, energy, freedom; ability of achievement
- 10 Hz – mood elevator; universally beneficial; good for learning
- 9.5 Hz – bridge between subconscious and conscious minds
- 9 Hz – balances they body and makes aware of imbalances
- 8.5 Hz – no studies have shown a specific effect, though I had users, commenting that it is their favorite frequency
4. Awaken Your Genius Brainwave Entrainment
This 1 hour session uses a binaural beat of 10.5 Hz which is Alpha.
As this session uses binaural beats you must wear stereo headphones to get any benefit from it.
5. Gamma Brainwave Entrainment for High Energy
The session begins at 15Hz and gradually works up to 40Hz, which it reaches at the 19 minute mark and holds until the end. Alternative background tracks: ambient, forest sounds, guitar, no soundtrack (tones only), hybrid and electronic
This session uses brainwave entrainment with Isochronic Tones to to increase your energy and motivation levels. Use it to quickly elevate your brainwaves into a high Gamma state. This will help get you into a highly energized, alert and motivated state of mind.
Headphones are not required for this particular session, as long as you can clearly hear the Isochronic Tones behind the music track. But, if you can use headphones, I always recommend it.
When you use headphones it helps to block out any peripheral sound in the room, and I personally find the entrainment experience to be more powerful when using them.